I FINALLY rode the London Eye - and if there is anything you should do when visiting London, this would definitely be it (right behind seeing Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden, of course).
Standing there, looking over the whole city that I have come to love so much this summer, I was so glad to be ending my journey in that place. Yes, I still have tomorrow, but school hardly counts as fun (at least most of the time). Being on the Eye marked the final time I would see Big Ben, Parliament, the Thames and the most beautiful view of London on this trip.
But, I won't get all nostalgic and deep right now - save that for tomorrow. I'm just so happy. I'm so happy to be here, to have had this experience, to have met such great friends, to be done with all my projects and papers and to know that in about 52 hours I will be in the car, in Texas, on my way HOME. You never realize how much you love your bed, a bathtub and Mexican food until you haven't had them for five weeks.
Video from the London Eye:
