I got to sleep in for a while this morning which was really nice. Lately I feel like I never stop, and after this weekend I was feeling very worn down. I still have SOOO much to do before leave on Friday (CRAZY!). I have finals on Thursday, so I have to put together a project in class tomorrow and write a 1500-word paper for the other. I keep telling myself it will all get done, but I just don't like waiting until the last minute to do things. I obviously had no choice given the circumstances in this case, though. On top of all that, I still have to get to the London Eye before I leave because I refuse to miss that, and I am going to the Comedy Store tomorrow with Lauren and people from school.
After I woke up, we got ready and went to Westminster Abbey.
I'm running out of words to describe unbelievably amazing things, but that's what it was. There were no pictures allowed here. This were many members of the royal family have had their coronation ceremonies, been buried, and/or had funeral services there (this is the Abbey where Princess Diana's funeral was held and broadcast all over the world. Other prominent figures like Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Mary, the Queen Mother, Issac Newton and Charles Darwin are all buried here. It was much bigger than I thought it was, and very interesting to look around.
After that, Lauren and I decided to go with Allie to her class at the Imperial War Rooms.
It was interesting. There was a lot of information on British history during the various wars, and planes, equipment and vehicles were all on display. We also visited a Holocaust Exhibit, which I probably shouldn't have done because I knew it would upset me - and it did. It was OK, though. We found a smoothie place outside the museum, and that brightened things up a little bit.
Lauren and I were planning on going on a tour of Parliament, but when we got there we learned the wait was two hours, so we decided to head back to the flat and study. Plus, I was low on groceries, laundry needed to be done and schoolwork NEEDED to be dealt with.
Since then, I've been catching up. It's like I paused for three days while in Paris, but my life here in London kept going. Tomorrow's school and the Comedy Store - should be fun!!
