BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 21

Day 19

My third Monday here was very rejuvenating. After yesterday I felt a little over traveled (I can’t believe I would ever say that), and all I wanted to do was lie down. I was able to sleep in (I’m always SO happy when I get to sleep in) and I worked on a 1500-word article all morning and into the afternoon. I got most of it written at Regent’s Park.



It was really nice to sit on a bench, look out at the beautiful view and write. A few people even came up to me to ask for directions as they were walking by – I was so excited, I must look like a REAL Londoner now!, I thought. It was another beautiful day, fortunately enough, so I sat out there for three hours or so and got my paper basically finished.

I came back to the flat and had just enough time to eat before I left for STOMP! Tonight was my first experience taking a cab in London, and it was really cool. The back of the cab is huge! There’s a long seat big enough for three people on one side and two fold down seats on the other for more people. Basically, if you had six people with you, everyone could fit comfortably. I rode to the Ambassador’s Theater with three other girls, so splitting the cost came out to two pounds each (definitely the way to go if you’re in a group). A little bit of trivia: If you ever visit London, ask your cab driver why the tops of the cabs are so tall. It’s not that they HAVE to know why, but it’s funny to see if they actually do. It’s because a long time ago when men wore top hats they had to have enough room to fit comfortably in the car. (We asked our cab driver on the way back and he knew the correct answer so we applauded him and gave him a tip! He said no one had ever actually asked him before).

STOMP was more incredible than I remember from the first time I saw it! I think I was around twelve years old when I saw it the first time back at home, so it was great to see how it was different here. It was better than I remember, and so much more comedic than I thought. The audience was fully involved in the show almost the whole time. I forgot my camera when I went to the theater. I swear I’m not purposefully trying not to take pictures when I go to the theater, but WICKED’s marquee was covered by scaffolding, and tonight, as I mentioned, I forgot the camera. I was so mad at myself, but I promise to get AMAZING pictures at all the rest of the shows I’m going to. :]]