BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 18

Day 16

There’s not much to report on today. The thing about studying abroad is that everyday can’t be a vacation, unfortunately. I decided to spend today working on projects and getting papers written – midterms are next Thursday. I wouldn’t say I have an overwhelming amount of work to do, but I also got ahead by starting most of this last week. Five weeks of classes means each class meets ten times, so it’s important to prioritize when you are studying in a foreign country. It’s very easy to get distracted when you’re in a beautiful city with plenty of things to do all the time. Things are going just about how I predicted they would go; I’m basically done with all my articles for my fashion journalism class, and I have put off the project for my trends class. It will get done, but I just wish I could know if I’m going in the right direction with it. Oh well.

I also did some cleaning today, thank goodness. I had been completely neglecting the flat, so let’s just say it was a little messy. I vacuumed and took the rubbish (trash) out. The vacuum they gave us is laughably old. It’s one of those huge bases with wheels on the bottom and a long hose coming out of it. I wish I were kidding. What’s even funnier is that there’s a smiley face on the side of it, so the hose comes out right where the nose should be!



It works fairly well, but it took a lot of effort for me to get that thing around my room.
I’m really looking forward to tomorrow because Lauren and I are going to BATH! I was so excited when she told me she wanted to go. I obviously wanted to go at some point while I was here, but it’s an hour and a half train ride and I didn’t know if I could find the time or someone to go with. We literally bought the train tickets last night and planned out everything we wanted to do while we’re there. We’ve scheduled a tour that will take us around the city, including a stop at the house where Jane Austen lived in the early 1800s – so cool! We are also going to take a boat tour of the river area. Tomorrow will also be my first train ride, and I feel like a kid about to go to Disneyland or something. What can I say...riding in a train is one of my unrealized dreams, okay? I can’t believe I will actually be able to end up visiting this place after all. It’s totally spur of the moment, but in my experience those are the best and most rewarding kinds of trips. :]