I feel very accomplished at the end of day 26. I like days like today when I don't have to worry about class, and I can just roam around London and enjoy every minute. I just love this city more and more! ;]
The morning started off great because I got an e-mail from the school with the itinerary for my trip to Paris this weekend! That is always a great way to start off a morning, a Monday morning at that. I was so excited that I wanted to go exchange some of my pounds for euro right away, mostly because I'm not going to have a lot of time the remainder of the week to do it. So, I left for the currency exchange place, and actually ended up meeting Allie once I got to the tube. It turned out she was going to the same tube station as me to visit the National Portrait Gallery for one of her classes. I hadn't ever been there, so I decided I that after I got my Euro I would head back to the museum to listen in on her class as they toured the place.
There was obviously a lot of history within the portraits, so I did find it interesting to walk through. It is nice to have a professor who knows all about it give the commentary. After the class was over, we headed back to the school so I could print out my itinerary and I was SO happy to find a package from home waiting for me in the library! Let's face it, it's ALWAYS fun to get a package in the mail. :D
Next, we decided to do a little shopping at Selfridges (Huge department store in London that is a must-see) before dinner that night.
Allie and I scheduled dinner with one of my fashion merchandising professors from Texas State, Dr. Tyner, while she was in town with her mom. It was so nice to catch up with them (her class is basically the reason I'm in London in the first place) and the restaurant we ate at was DELICIOUS! It's called Giraffe, and it was really close to campus (I couldn't believe we had never seen it before). I had a falafel burger that was very good, and we all even shared a waffle/banana split dessert...yum!
So, all in all, a very fun and interesting day. It was also really sunny again today, which was great. I think I heard it was record-setting heat today...that made since.
Also, as a side note...I thought it was pretty cool that I have a 20 US dollar bill, a 20 pound bill and a 20 euro bill all at the same time. I don't know when or if this will ever happen again, so I thought it would be cool to have a picture!
