BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 14

Day 12

Short entry today. There wasn’t a whole lot going on today, but it was really nice to have a day to catch up on some things. I was able to sleep in a little (if you consider 8:45 sleeping in. It’s the longest I’ve been able to sleep since I’ve been here), then I got some laundry done this morning. Our laundry room is in the main lobby area of Beaumont Court so the convenience of having it close by is great. It does cost money to use the washers and dryers, but it honestly is well worth the money when you consider how far the nearest laundry mat is, and what condition it would be in once you walked there with all your laundry.

After my laundry was finished, I got ready and Allie and I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum yet again (she went for class. I went to look at the jewelry I was supposed to see Saturday when I had the tube incident). I’m happy to say it all went much better this time. We got there with no problem, and I actually found the jewelry exhibit using a map I picked up in the lobby with no problem. That place is much bigger than I realized the first time I was there. There are six levels total, full of art, design and everything in between. I don’t know what I was expecting to find once I got to the jewelry, but whatever it was didn’t come close to what was there. It was a dark room with only light on the jewels that were enclosed in glass cases. The diamonds were sparkling, the emeralds were shinning and I was in heaven. They didn’t allow pictures – dang it. But if I could have taken some, I would post one of the biggest, shiniest princess crown I’ve ever seen! I don’t know how many crystals and diamonds and rubies were on that thing, but it was miraculous. Miss America times a million.

After I took some notes and got some inspiration for my assignment, I headed back to the flat. Turns out, I was more inspired than I thought because I ended up completing the three small papers I have due by midterm (next week).

So overall, today was a nice day to catch up on sleep, homework and laundry, and I got a small history lesson at the museum as well. Tomorrow is a school day, so I will wake up early and surely have much more to write about after another day spent with Robin Dutt.

Until tomorrow!